How to make donations to the cats
Below is a list of the current ways to make donations to the cats at Pet Pride of NY
Note: We are only soliciting donations from within NY state.
Thank you for considering to help the cats.
Ways to make donations to the cats
- You can send a personal check for your donation directly to Pet Pride of NY, P.O. Box 338, Mendon, NY 14506-0338
- You can donate an amount of your choice using PayPal (more info below).
- You can donate a small percentage of your Amazon purchases if you set up a smile.amazon account and designate "Pet Pride of New York, Inc" as your charitable recipient (more info below).
- You can set up a "Giving Assistant" account and designate "Pet Pride of New York, Inc" as your charitable recipient (more info below).
- You can purchase a Memorial Garden walkway brick engraved with the name of your special cat (see home page).
Donate using PayPal
When you are on the "review your donation" page of PayPal, you can click on "this gift is in memory of" and enter a name in the box that opens.
You do not need to have a PayPal account to use a credit card.
Donate using Amazon Smile
AmazonSmile is the same products, same prices, and same service as you are used to with Amazon.
Support your charitable organization by starting your shopping at smile.amazon.com.
Note: You must have an account at Amazon in order to shop at Amazon Smile.
- Click on the Amazon Smile logo above to go to the Smile.Amazon.com site.
- On your first visit to AmazonSmile, before shopping, you need to select the Pet Pride of New York Incorporated as the organization to receive donations from your purchases. From then on, simply go to smile.amazon.com to shop. You can use the same account on Amazon.com and AmazonSmile.
- Bookmark the AmazonSmile page so your purchases at Amazon always help support Pet Pride of New York.
Donate using Giving Assistant
Note: You must have an account at Giving Assistant in order to shop at Giving Assistant.
Dick's Sporting Goods
Bath & Body Works
- Click on the red "Start Saving & Giving Free" above to go to the Giving Assistant site.
- Then select Pet Pride of New York Incorporated as your charitable
- Bookmark the Giving Assistant page so your purchases at Giving Assistant always help support Pet Pride of NY.
More on Pet Pride of NY
Our organization has an annual operating budget of around $90,000. Our only paid employees are 4 part-time staff. The Board of Directors and all our volunteers are unpaid. We run a very frugal organization with less than 3% of our budget devoted to fund-raising and communication with our supporters. Thus, virtually every dollar we receive in contributions is devoted to the care of our feline charges. We give them first class veterinary care, life-long if necessary, and provide them as close to a home-like environment as possible in a multi-cat shelter situation.
We undertake two major fund-raisers per year: our annual Golf Tournament in June and our Building Fund Luncheon in November. These fund-raisers provide 15-20% of our annual operating budget. Although every year, we seek to make these events bigger and better, the fact is the vast majority (80-85%) of our operating funds result of the generosity our steadfast and generous supporters. In any one year, we receive 800-1000 small, but very much appreciated, donations. We could not have sustained our organization for over 30 years and grown as much as we have without YOU - our long-time supporters.
We can only increase our ability to help our feline companions through your continued or increased generosity. We realize that there are great needs everywhere for your charitable dollars but we assure you we will be good stewards of your contributions. For your convenience, you can make secure donations directly from this webpage using either your PayPal account or a credit card.
All the cats of Pet Pride thank you for your caring and your generosity.
Pet Pride of New York, Inc is a registered charity only within New York state.
In accordance with NY state law, donations to Pet Pride of New York, Inc. are not being solicited from donors residing outside NY state.